Disclaimer: All work shared in this post is property of ©2013 Soul Dev Team. Anybody wishing to share this work is freely allowed to, provided they give credit to the original creators, and link back to this post.
I’ve now updated to the Mountain Lion 10.8.3 VMware Image, with continued support for both Intel and AMD processors. It’s reasonably safe to update yourself, but you may encounter a few bugs which I took it upon myself to fix in this image. I’ve also included Graphics drivers to solve any issues you guys were having getting that sorted, and I’ve demonstrated how you enabled them in the linked video.
As usual below is the changelog for this image, and underneath you can find the downloads. I’m going to include direct downloads for this image (which are being uploaded as we speak) so sit tight if you want those. If you find our work help, we appreciate all donations in order to fund our continued efforts, especially as it’s getting harder to maintain!
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 VMware Image w/ AMD Support Changelog
- Apple dropped support for 32-bit mode in DP2 of Mountain Lion, so make sure
you keep the VMware Settings flagged as “Mac OS X 10.7 64-bit” otherwise
no bootable medium will be detected.
- Comes with direct download links as usual. (Will be added soon)
- Continued new packaging for smaller download.
- Fast boot time on most machines, as can be seen in the video.
- Fresh installation of 10.8.3, everything was fixed during the installation.
- Graphics drivers are included, you can set a resolution from the Displays
- Kernel includes support for Ivy Bridge processors, along with AMD processors
meaning most of your Apple screen issues will be gone.
- List of AMD processors confirmed working, will be updated according to what
we hear back from people. Just because it’s not on this list doesn’t mean it
– Athlon 64 X2 QL-64
– Athlon 64 X2 QL-65
– Athlon II Neo K124
– Athlon II X3
– Athlon II X3 450
– FX6100 (run with Intel VT-X and AMD-V set)
– FX8120 (run with AMD-V/RVI set)
– Phenom 9750
– Phenom II X2 550 (still slightly buggy, but runs)
– Phenom II X2 555
– Phenom II X2 950 (still slightly buggy, but runs)
– Phenom II X4 810
– Phenom II X4 955
– Phenom II X$ 955LE
– Phenom II X4 965
– Phenom II X4 970
– Phenom II x4 975
– Phenom II X6 1055T
– Phenom II X6 1090T
– Phenom II X6 1100T
– Turion II M500
- Make sure VT is turned on in your BIOS, if available.
- Recommended you run on the latest version of VMware, as that’s what it was
tested on, and apparently fixes Apple logo stalling in certain situations.
At least try to use VMware 8+.
- Several driver patches to allow as best a universal build as possible.
- Snappier system. Clicks receive response almost (if not) instantaneously.
- We uploaded an updated VMware Tools to our Mediafire folder here. These
tools came with the latest VMware release and support Mountain Lion. DO
NOT INSTALL FROM DARWIN_SNOW.ISO.
As you can see the list of confirmed working AMD processors is increasing! It’s important you take note to the above changes, because we won’t answer any questions that are already answered in the video, and it details exactly how to enable/disable the AMD/Intel kernels:
If you wish to download the OS X Mountain Lion VMware Image for AMD via torrent, you can grab it from here. As promised, I’m including direct links as well this time around, but you’ll have to deal with the fact that they will be slower than the torrent, even though I have now paid for faster speeds. You can find the direct links here soon.
When commenting, especially on AMD stuff, if you act in a way that’s complaining rather than being helpful your comment will be ignored. Please also try to avoid duplicating other comments, as posting the same answers over and over again is frustrating. I encourage all AMD users to post which processor they’re using and how it’s performing (if it’s not in the list above, or is acting differently to how our list suggests it does) so we can add it to the post. If you wish to donate for our efforts, you can visit our donation link. We appreciate any and all donations, and will put them to good use.