Disclaimer: All work shared in this post is property of ©2012 Soul Dev Team. Anybody wishing to share this work is freely allowed to, provided they give credit to the original creators, and link back to this post.
This is the updated OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 VMware Image, for use on a Windows PC. This should run (almost) flawlessly and quickly. Sound work just fine and VMware Tools can fix resolution issues. Please also be aware that certain issues could actually stem from applications having not yet been updated to work with Mountain Lion. You can see the changelog and download links below. As usual, we appreciate all donations in order to fund our continued efforts.
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 VMware Image Changelog
- Apple dropped support for 32-bit mode in DP2 of Mountain Lion, so make sure
you keep the VMware Settings flagged as “Mac OS X 10.7 64-bit” otherwise
no bootable medium will be detected.
- Comes with direct download links as usual.
- Continued new packaging for smaller download.
- Fresh installation of 10.8.2, everything was fixed during installation.
- Good boot time, can take as little as 20 seconds on startup.
- Kernel includes support for Ivy Bridge processors, so this should solve the
Apple logo issue for those running Ivy Bridge’s.
- iMessage fix is included in this build (see here).
- Make sure VT is turned on in your BIOS, if available.
- No comment on AMD systems. Same applies as previously mentioned here.
- Now contains ability to change the serial number in the VM. Just start it
using this file, and use the SMBIOS Injector.
- Recommended you run on the latest version of VMware, as that’s what it was
tested on, and apparently fixes Apple logo stalling in certain situations.
- Several driver patches to allow as best a universal build as possible.
- Snappier system. Clicks receive response almost (if not) instantaneously.
- We uploaded an updated VMware Tools to our Mediafire folder here. These
tools came with the latest VMware release and should support Mountain Lion.
As you can see, there are a bunch of changes in this build even if not all have been included. Underneath you can find the setup guide video to show you how it all needs to be setup for it to work correctly. It’s important you take note, because we won’t answer any questions that are already answered in the video:
If you wish to download the OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 VMware Image via torrent, you can grab it from here. As promised, I’m including direct links as well this time around, but you’ll have to deal with the fact that they will be slower than the torrent, even though I have now paid for faster speeds. You can find the direct links here.