A couple of days ago 10.7.5 and 10.8.2 updates were released for Lion/Mountain Lion respectively. Updating normally won’t pose an issue for most people in terms of booting up the system, however there are a few things which need to be optimized (sound, for example). To fix this issue, we’ve released two new versions of our Update Fixers, which should fix all issues when updating either build and leave you with a 10.7.5 / 10.8.2 Hackintosh. You can find them on our Downloads page. Those of you who know how to use our scripts can just go ahead and run them as normal, however for those of you who are new to them follow this quick guide;
- Download the Combo update from Apple inside your VM/Hackintosh – Click for Lion / Click for Mountain Lion.
- Run this update however, once it reaches the point where it’s completed and says you need to Restart, don’t do anything.
- Unzip the Script you downloaded from our site – again, get these from our Downloads page.
- Open a Terminal window (found in Applications/Utilities) and type the following commands;
cd <yourscriptfolderhere> sudo ./UpdateFixer.sh
- Once this is done, and the script reports being successful, just close Terminal and then hit Restart on the Combo update.
- Once your system restarts, everything should be working just fine on 10.7.5/10.8.2.
Although there aren’t any issues as far as we can see, if you run into any problems please let us know in the comments. We’re currently in the process of possibly rewriting how the scripts work, so depending on how these two work for people depends on if we go ahead with it or not.
As usual, we appreciate any and all donations – be they little or large, especially since our hosting is needing to be renewed within a month or so. Oh, and on another topic – 10.7.5 and 10.8.2 images will be available soon, for those of you who want a fully optimized system.
Update #1: For those with issues when using the 10.8.2 fixer, please be specific about what files are causing the error at what part in the process.